We are still accepting new volunteers. Due to the pandemic, available positions are limited and all volunteers are asked to follow CMC’s current COVID-19 procedures.
Volunteer at the CMC
The Catholic Multicultural Center’s programs and services depend upon the many helping hands of volunteers like you! The CMC has volunteer opportunities in Madison, WI for all ages and abilities for both individuals and groups (see full list of positions below). Ready to get involved? The first step to getting involved is to meet with the Volunteer Coordinator to receive a tour, orientation, and fill out a volunteer application. Contact Laura Green by sending a message or call 608-441-1180.
Looking for group opportunities or information about court-ordered volunteering? Click here.
Food Pantry Garden
English as a Second Language:
Teacher or Helper
The CMC welcomes the help of groups of all kinds (corporate, youth, faith-based, etc.). Interested in bringing your group to volunteer?
- Please contact us at least two weeks in advance to arrange group opportunities.
- Volunteering must take place during normal hours of operation.
- The maximum group size is no more than 10 for helping at the CMC and no more than 15 for helping at the food pantry garden. If you have a larger group, contact us in advance to see if arrangements can be made.
- Groups of all ages are welcome, with some restrictions. Groups age 18 and under must come with at least one adult supervisor per 6 youth. For serving in the meal program, we can only accept groups age 12 and older.
- The primary opportunities for groups to help at the CMC are: helping at the food pantry garden (May-September), serving a weekday afternoon meal, or doing cleaning, organizing, and light maintenance projects throughout the Center. Food drives, advocacy on issues affecting our guests, and personal essentials drives are other creative ways your group can help the CMC!
If you are required to do court-ordered community service, volunteer opportunities are available.
Volunteering takes place during regular business hours, weekdays 9:00am to 5:00pm. To arrange court-ordered volunteering, contact Antonio Quintanilla using the staff contact form or by calling 608-441-3249.
Please note, CMC is located in Madison, Wisconsin. For court-ordered service in your geographic area, please search the internet or contact your local United Way.